To provide compassion, understanding, and grace for those in the single parent season of life by offering small (CORE) groups for spiritual support, opportunities to grow, practical services, as well as provide special events and activities to encourage fellowship with other single parents.
"God is our Refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble" -Psalm 46:1
We are cruising along in life going somewhere when all of a sudden we are a single parent- a person alone with responsibilities for a child or children. Imagine the typical roadway in Boise that has that middle lane for left turns. It is called the refuge lane.
As a single parent, we often find ourselves in the middle lane; the "refuge lane". In that lane we are caught in between two directions. Are you ready to yield, being lead and empowered by Jesus, or tempted to do a "U" turn and go the opposite way, living life your way?
The Single Parent ministry offers a haven, while stepping into a new season of life as a single parent. You may be a new single parent or a seasoned single parent or just find yourself spiritually stuck and desire support to move forward and grow. Refuge Lane offers one-on-one prayer support with a fellow single parent who will also help you get acquainted with various small (CORE) groups and discipleship programs offered through the church. Step by step, you will be encouraged while seeking God's direction for you and your family. Let us help you to take the next step in building a stronger foundation in Christ Jesus as you parent your children.
- Vehicle Service Days (free oil and lube)
- Spring clean-up and yard preparation
- Fall cleanup and winterization
- Free fishing day event
- Gifts of Mercy (help with your children's school supplies need)
- Financial Counseling
- Christmas Dinner
- Other activities (hikes, potlucks, field trips, sledding, game night) for single parents as scheduled
- Married couples who will come along side of a single parent to disciple and nurture them
- Men to disciple the sons of single moms